Group Break Information
Group Breaks are an exciting way to be involved in opening products without bearing the entire cost of product. For a marginal fee compared to the overall price of the products, you can choose or be allocated a random teamand when the products are opened, you receive all* the cards for your team. West Oz Cards live stream all group breaks so you can be guaranteed as to their authenticity.
Types of group breaks include;
- Pick Your Team - Where participants via the check-out system, will choose their team.
- Random Team - Where each participant gets allocated a random team through random.org prior to the group break.
- Team Draft - Where all participants are randomized through random.org to create a draft list. Then the #1 ranked participant can choose their team from all the teams available, then the #2 pick chooses their team from the remaining teams etc. until all teams are picked.
- Hit Draft - Where all participants are randomized using random.org to make a list. Then the #1 ranked participant can choose their card from all the cards available, then the #2 pick chooses their card from the remaining cards etc. until all Cards are picked.
- Snake Draft - Where participants are randomized using random.org to make a list. The product is opened so all participants can see all cards. Then in list order, participants choose a card each. If there is more cards than participants, then the picks snake back from last to first again.
- Serial Number Break - Where 10 participants are randomized a number from 0 - 9. The products are opened and the cards go to the number that is immediately to the left of the "/". Eg. If the card is numbered 12/20 it will go to the participant owning the number 2 spot. If the card is numbered 143/199 it will go to the participant owning the number 3 spot.
West Oz Cards Group Break Rules
Group Break rules vary between companies so it is important to verify the rules prior to entering a group break. West Oz Cards follows the same set of rules for each break as below.
- Cards go to the name of the team on the card, not the team jersey the player is pictured in.
- If a card features players from multiple teams, the card will be randomized among the teams represented. NO majority rules..
- If a player is featured in a uniform of a team from the ABA, then it will go to the NBA team which historically formed from the ABA team.
- If a card features a player in a non-NBA jersey the card will go to the team that they played their first NBA game for, OR their drafted team, OR randomized.
- All Panini 'Rewards Points' will be randomized among ALL participants at the end of the group break. If there are multiple points cards, they will be distributed in order of high to low from 1st place.
- All Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets cards will go to the current Charlotte Hornets.
- All New Orleans Hornets cards will go to the current New Orleans Pelicans.
- All Seattle Supersonics cards will go to the participant owning the Oklahoma City Thunder.
There are no products listed under this category.